- Ref: 2018-8239
- Temporary work contract
- Oil &Gas Services - Field Operations
Since its creation, SPIE Oil & Gas Services mission as a service company has been to turn work into energy and vice versa.
Over 3,000 engineers and technicians dedicate themselves everyday to live projects as adventures, in which risk-taking never exceeds preparation.
Thanks to their energy, and the most extensive range of services available on the market, from Oil & Gas industry to Pharmaceutical industry, we assist our clients from engineering phase of their projects to operations.
Our presence is sustainable in over 40 countries.
We are continuously seeking to renew ourselves.
Our clients are the catalyst of our evolution.
We are committed in a strong CSR approach and diversity takes part of our priorities.
We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Middle East LLC in Qatar for:
SENIOR COMPLETION ENGINEER (OFFSHORE)
This is an opportunity for you to manage the team of Completion Engineers who plan, program and execute all completion operations in the QP Offshore Fields to ensure that completion operations are performed safely and efficiently in accordance with the Drilling Reference manual (DRM).
Your main duties will be to:
• Prepare programs for all critical rigless activities such as securing wells and production logging operations. Thereafter oversee the implementation of the work by contractors to ensure the objectives are achieved in a safe and efficient manner.
• Ensure that all HSE risks are identified and that measures are put in place to mitigate risks and ensure that Rigless programs and completion programs are prepared accordingly. In particular ensure that HSE requirements are never compromised and that operations are performed in compliance of the Drilling Reference Manual (DRM), the Drilling Department Golden Rules and Corporate HSE requirements.
• Supervise and support the completion engineers with regard to the design and installation of optimum well completions and resolve technical and operational problems as they arise.
• Plan and supervise all production logging activities at oil, gas and water wells using production technology, thermal decay and gamma ray neutron tools (PLT, TDT and GNT). Responsibilities include gathering data, preparing program and overseeing work of contractor through to satisfactory completion of program.
• The incumbent also has responsibility to plan and program critical “rigless” operations such as well killing and production logging.
Ideally, you should be B Sc degree in Petroleum Engineering. IWCF Certificate for Well Intervention.
You should have minimum of 20 years' experience in Well Services and Well Completion related activities of which at least 5 years in a similar position with an International Operating Company or NOC. In-depth knowledge of well completions, well killing and production logging operations. Experience with H2S operations.
You will have good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, an advance level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office. You will need excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal English.
SPIE Oil & Gas Services promotes diversity. All our positions are suitable for disabled people.
- E-Bachelor or equivalent
- 10 years or more
- English (C-Professional working proficiency)